Monday, March 7, 2011

Pretty Pretty Pretty



Maybe its that I am anxious for spring. Maybe I'm feeling my girly side. Whatever the reason, I've been using lots of pink lately. My two latest projects are for the groups Roses On My Table. I made a pinkish hand needlefelted piece, about 9"x12", then stitched over it in springy shades of lilac, aqua, pink and lime. I later cut it up into atcs and added a small vintage illustration of a bunny painting an egg. Really cute and sweet; I embellished it with little turquoise beads and hand blanket stitched the edges.

The pink floral pieces are art tags. The theme was floral for this trade, and what could be better for a textile designer than flowers? I used some of my own fabric, New York Roses. I underprinted a floral on cardstock, then modge-podged sections of my own rose print (available at spoonflower.com under edzellinni). I accented the floral with squiggles of gold dimensional paint, punched in pink grommets, and added pink satin ribbon and fuzzy fiber. I finished it with my own hand-rolled tyvek beads. [made from used fedex envelopes]

5 comments:

Judy Warner said...

They are really pretty, Linda. Makes me feel like spring even though there is snow on my deck.

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

Thanks Judy! and I managed to use some of my spoonflower fabric finally :-)

FlutterbugArtGirl said...

Very Edzellinni, the colors. Sweet and swirly and perfect as always. The dimension on the tags catches the eye. Wonderful!

mzjohansen said...

Well done ! Lord! Now I may have to consider tag art too. You wicked temptress!

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

Marie, You should absolutely join the tag group. The long, thin shape is a nice change. And thank you flutterbug :-)