Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pretenders

Divas is the theme for the next Roses on my Table ATC trade. I wasn't sure what to do, because I really don't have a lot of respect for famous people who think they are uber special and act like divas. Many of the music divas really don't sing/play the kind of music I like, so I went a little outside the diva box, and thought about favorite female singers. My inner rocker chick came up with a few ideas, but if I could be anyone, singing wise (and no, I can't carry a tune) it would be Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders.

So, I played with Chrissie in photoshop, plunked her face and guitar down on a Graphics Fairy http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/ royalty free clipart of a fairy riding a butterfly, then added one of my own monoprints for a background, bigger wings from a Graphics Fairy butterfly, and some sexy high red boots. I softly colored Chrissie's face in photoshop. This is the result, to which I will soon print, add gloss and glitzy accent.

2 comments:

Gabriela said...

Hi Linda!
How are you doing? Love your ATC!

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

Hi Gab, thanks for the thumbs up! Doing more mixed media stuff lately...smaller, more portable, especially computer work, like photoshop collages. What are u up to?