Saturday, March 14, 2015

My Stuff Your Stuff ATCs for Paper Traders

The latest Paper Traders Yahoo group challenge was called My Stuff Your Stuff. We each stuffed a business sized white envelope with ephemera, mailed them to our partners, and made two atcs using their stuff, which we then mailed back to our partner.

My partner was Nancy, and she sent me some beautiful papers, vintage images, lace, old game parts and some circus themed items.

Here are the two atcs I made with her goodies.

I used her papers for the background on "imagine" but aged it with a distress stain. Next, I stamped sepia distress ink on with a favorite swirly stamp, and a little fleur de lis stamp. After it dried, I added gold paint through a harlequin stencil, and gold dimensional paint dots. The edges were aged slightly with a brown chalk ink stamp pad rubbed gently along the edge.

The baseball themed card started with some fancy paper that came in my surprise package. I added strips horizontally and vertically of two other papers. The central figure was cut carefully from a postage stamp. Again I used the harlequin stencil, but just a few to suggest a baseball diamond. They were done with a pencil outline and filled in with a gray TomBow marker. The words were cut from some play money, just added for visual interest.

No comments: