Sunday, August 3, 2008

Self-portrait card series


One of my favorite things to do is make self-portraits. When I moved from NYC to the end of Long Island ten years ago, one of the first arty things I did in my new office/studio was to try and teach myself to oil paint. I did a self-portrait, which I then scanned into the computer and played around with in my layout design program, QuarkXPress. The design possibilities are endless in Quark, and you can step and repeat designs, make them bigger or smaller and add elements from other designs. This is one of my favorite in a series of self-portraits that I did. Naturally it has my favorite paint color, yellow. It is a mix of several of my textile designs, plus the oil portrait.

2 comments:

Gabriela said...

I just love your portraits!
of course I have no idea if they look like you!

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

Well, I do have blue eyes and blonde hair, but I don't look quite as disturbed as the self portraits...at least I don't think I do...