Monday, October 18, 2010

October Puttering




I have been puttering around, finishing little projects, using up scraps and basically goofing off. I made another scrappy bracelet, this time I tried a different closure...well, it was too short to use velcro, so I improvised with a colorful eyelet, a loop of round elastic thread and a vintage button. I also lined this one with purple satin. I discovered that mine itched a little, so this should cure that problem.

I have also become fascinated with manholes and utility markings in and around the city. On my block there is one that always catches my eye: a white cover with a black cross next to an orange cover. I am going to play with the design and see if I can come up with either a quilt pattern or a fabric design.

Oh, I also made some postcards out of leftover needlefelting. I put them together in a kind of Mondrian-inspired design.

No comments: