Sunday, January 9, 2011

Thinking Small in 2011



For 2011 I decided to embrace my love of small works. Not everyone is meant to do huge murals and giant artquilts that take up a whole wall. And I certainly don't have the time or patience for that anyway. So, I am going forward with my ATC addiction and will maybe do some small art quilts and even look for shows and/or galleries that specialize in small work. And of course keep up with my art-o-mat work.

At the end of 2010 I got some new thermofax screens from Lynn K. aka Fibraartysta. I had an ATC group challenge that involved felt and gold paint, so I printed them of several shades of felt and also on some purple crushed velvet. These are the early results. The multicolored ATCs are from some painting on fabric that I did with markers and alcohol, and for another ATC challenge involving markers and cotton.

No comments: