Monday, January 9, 2012

Photoshop Addiction

I had three art exchanges in January, and I used Photoshop for all of them. I must be addicted...at least it has no calories, and really doesn't cost anything once you buy the program.

For Roses On My Table's January ATCs, the theme was "Cowboy's Sweetheart" so I chose my personal favorite, Miss Kitty from Gunsmoke (Amanda Blake). I used a vintage TV guide cover and took out the background leaving only Kitty. Next, I manipulated the Kitty image, adding a photoshop image filter to make it more graphic, and making the color more in the purple family. I then mixed it up with some Graphics Fairy vintage clipart textures in the backgroud and a cowboy silhouette. I used chalk pastels to enhance and accent the card after it was printed.

There is a new group on Roses, a postcard exchange group. With the theme of Valentine's Day, I went romantic with some Graphics Fairy http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/ vintage clipart of teacups, roses and French vintage advertising graphics.

The Roses Tag trade had a crazy theme..."I see London, I see France" so I again used Graphics Fairy http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/ images of English tea and roses and French chocolate and advertising written in French.


Last, but certainly not least, were the ATCS for Arts in the Cards, my own ATC trade group, that is celebrating its 2 year anniversary. Our theme was, naturally, TWO, so I chose my two hands. I traced my hand on paper, then filled in the hand shape with a turquoise doodle and used a deep purple for the background. I scanned the design, reduced it in Photoshop, duplicated and flipped, the arranged the hands to be on top of each other.

No comments: