Sunday, September 28, 2014

Romantic Journal Collage Page

I have been working feverishly this weekend to get ready for my debut as the Friday Blogger on the Artistcellar website. I can't show any sneak peaks of that, but I hope you will go to http://www.artistcellar.com/ and read my blog, as well as all the other terrific artist who will be posting during the week.

As I was rummaging though my journal for inspiration, I saw this page. When I made it, about a month ago, I thought it was too "me" to post...too much what I always do, that I wasn't stretching myself.

Well, it IS very much in my comfort zone. I used a variety of soft colored papers and newsprint on the background and a giant floral--from the Graphics Fairy free online images--as the focal point. I used a variety of stamps, some with black ink and others with white printmaking paint, as well as a floral stencil.

Even though the page is very busy, it is soft and soothing with the muted colors and rounded shapes, and the little kitty and Japanese stamp are a surprise, as is the vintage typewriter on top of the flower. It is kind of a visual scavenger hunt to find the almost hidden elements.

4 comments:

Jackie PN said...

Your page is gorgeous Linda! I love the softness and peacefulness it shows! Lovely!

morgansilk said...

You need some of my antique paper ephemera! Gimme a subject and I will send you original content!

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

I love it all! Ticket stubs, biz cards, flowers, old handwriting, travel postcards...

Unknown said...

Wonderful page Linda! I love the colors and the vintage look of it!