Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thrinchies


A while back one of my art exchange groups did a valentine trade. We made a variation on inchies, which we called "thrinchies" because they were 3" x 3". Using six, I made this little quilted treasure box. My contribution, made with thin layers of torn cottons and a cut-out gold heart that I stamped on fabric (using my own hand-cut stamp) makes up the top. The left side is from Sonja in Hawaii, and has her hand-painted flowers. The right (with the heart and soul stamp) is from Kate in Texas. The sides of the thrinchies were sewn together and I added the beading. Oddly, I don't actually keep any treasures in the box...anyone have any ideas on what should go inside?

2 comments:

sonja said...

i do! IDO!! hopes and dreams and magic go inside!! i made an second one last month and it was my first sale of the day at art fest to a good customer of mine. i kept theoriginal one that ed and kate and i exchanded and it is still here...the one that was sold had a brass key for a lid handle and contained 3 plumeria flowers of 3 sizes :one with 4 petals, one with the norm 5 petals and the largest of 6! this in itself was a magic finding them day before -so even if it is empty to the eye, it is full of....

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Awe, this is wonderful!