Tuesday, September 2, 2008

End of Summer



Labor Day has come and gone. Today I actually found a parking spot in town...it seems all the tourists have gone home. In honor of the end of summer, I am posting a few celebratory pieces. Not that I don't like summer--I do--but I also love fall. The rose was done from a photo I took of some climbing roses in my yard. I zoomed in on a section with a bud that the aphids had gotten a few bites out of, printed the photo on cotton (ironed to freezer paper for stability) and overpainted it with watersoluble oil pastels. The second is a photo that I took of my favorite local beach, Havens Beach, a few winters ago when it was deserted and covered with ice chunks. The bay froze, then the tide came in and out, leaving big, thick ice blocks. I printed the photo on coquille watecolor paper and overpainted with watersoluble oil pastels to make it look like a summer sunset scene.

1 comment:

Perry said...

I love these.

-Perry-