Monday, June 7, 2010

New Fabrics, June 2010




I haven't had much time to work on my fabrics lately...May went by in a blur, with busy workdays and no time for art on my lunch hour, plus physical therapy after work for my rotator cuff. But, I did manage to work on a few new designs...all in the orange/yellow/red family for some reason.

For the Crane Dairy design, I scanned a cream...or maybe cottage cheese...bottle from my small collection of vintage bottles. (My mother's family's business many years ago). The clear bottle has an orange logo, but I flipped the darks and lights in photoshop, then step and repeated it in QuarkXpress.

The floral is my "Yellow New York Roses" that is a companion to my "Pink New York Roses" that is actually selling (!!!) on spoonflower.com. The red and orange is a blockprint I carved that I monkeyed around with in photoshop and Quark.

2 comments:

amanda1mc said...

Hello! I have an idea for healing quilts... although I'm not new to sewing, I am new to quilt art. It does make the heart sing and long to do more! Would you be interested in pointing me in a couple directions as to seeing if anything similar to what I'm thinking about is already out there? (not that it would stop me ;) I have done a few searches already... is how I found you :)
Thanks so much!

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

Hi Amanda. You can contact me on either my e-mail: edzellinni@aol.com or through my facebook page: linda edkins wyatt. It will be easier to communicate there, and we can toss ideas around and you can tell me more about what you want to do so I can point you the right way, hopefully :-) ttyl