Friday, November 1, 2019

Easy Peasy Greeting Cards!


I realized recently that with all the art pieces, journal pages, ATCs, tags, books and greeting cards I create, I actually have very little on hand for a "gift emergency". So, I decided to use a bunch of gelli prints and paper scraps with some word stamps that I purchased at The Ink Pad NYC and create both some greeting cards for myself, and a selection to give to my boss at work. (Believe it or not, I really do have a day job outside the art industry!)

My full post is on the StencilGirl Talk blog (click here to read the post and tutorial.)

I started with a pile of pretty scraps and imperfect gelli prints. I cut away the imperfect parts and mix and matched them. I stamped the words Thank You,  Congratulations, and Happy Birthday onto white cardstock and edged it with sepia ink to give it a polished, professional look.

I used plain white 5" x 8" index cards and folded them in half to create a 4" x 5" card. Then I made the card fronts just a little bit smaller (4.75 "x 3.75"). I also made mix 'n match envelopes...I just opened a commercial envelope that fit my card size, traced around it onto the paper (my envelope fit on a standard 8.5" x 11" paper), cut, and reglued three edges, leaving the top open to insert the card. It can be sealed with a dab of glue, a sticker, a strip of washi tape, or you can just tuck the flap inside the envelope.

 Here's a few of my favorites:

Now I'm ready for any occasion that may arise...oh wait! Next there's Christmas and New Year's and Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day...I better get to work!

No comments: