Saturday, September 4, 2010
Eye of Panic
I have been working on this piece, Eye of Panic, for months, and finally finished it.
There was a steep learning curve on this one: the concept was good, and I did all the math...it should have been all square and level and even. However, fabric wiggles and moves, and rotary cutters slip, and I guess I am not as precise as I would like to be.
I had trouble getting the grommets even, and although I measured the chain link, it just didn't hang right. So...I had to put clear vinyl in between the pieces to make it hang better, which was less than a joy to sew through. And the sleeve was a challenge; I pieced fabric and vinyl for that also.
The border is made of two panic designs: the yellow one was scribbled during a big attack and I printed it on fabric later. The other was a big piece of pellon that I drew on with crayon during an attack, which, sadly, ruined my rotator cuff.
The center eye is my own eye, done from a photo and overpainted and stitched.