Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ups and Downs


Today I had my heart set on seeing the red and white quilt show at the NY Armory after work. I scooted out the door at 5 sharp, having checked online for the hours of the exhibit, which was scheduled to be open until 7 pm. Well, apparently the online hours and the real hours were not the same; it closed at 5. I was allowed to peek in the door but not enter the exhibit room. It looked just like the photos I saw online, but darker. I did see a surprise exhibit: giant tulip sculptures up and down the center strip of park avenue. Here is the one right near the armory.

2 comments:

Judy Warner said...

Sorry you missed seeing them up close, Linda. They were wonderful. Those pink flowers were pretty amazing too. :)

Pam said...

Those sculptures are extraordinary; thanks for sharing!