Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Squares within Squares



I enjoyed making my circle cutout 12" x 12" quilt so much, I decided to try it again. But this time, I decided to try using a square theme rather than circles...easier to sew, easier to cut, I hoped. Well, easier to sew, since doing little circles is pretty tricky. Easier to cut...not really.

Again I used about half fabric that I designed and printed myself through Spoonflower.com, and half commercial fabrics. I discovered that finely woven, lightweight fabric worked better than heavier and/or coarsely woven fabrics. I also made a few extra pieces, and I am glad I did. I had to take away some pieces that were too orange, and some that were too lime. Although they are colors I love, they looked garish and Halloweeny together.

Here is the quilt pinned together, ready to be sewn. I am also posting the finished circular patch quilt.

1 comment:

Gabriela said...

Hi!!!!Long time no see!!!!I love this!