Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hippie Chic Bag


Today was like a combination of Christmas and my birthday. I got a surprise package in the mail today from my friend Kate, in Texas. She is, in addition to a being quilter, artist and doll-maker, a knitter. Well, I don't know a knit from a purl, so I admire her skill and creativity. She made me what she calls a "hippie-chic" bag. She knitted it (without a pattern, just listening to her inner artist) then felted it. As of today, it is absolutely my most treasured possession. Thanks Kate!

2 comments:

morningDove said...

tried posting a comment, now trying again. Your friend did a great job on your chic birtday bag.
Happy Birthday

Tina Marie Rey said...

really cute bag linda!
http://www.eliqg.org/
this is a group that meets in peconic - i used to live in mastic beach (south shore) my family is still there, but now I am in PA. The farm was out off of 25A east.
Hope you find the link useful!